NFC business cards are quite the buzz in the current market as more companies adapt to them every day. Their applications are attracting more and more professionals to upgrade themselves. What can NFC business cards exactly do? Are they as good as everyone commits? This piece covers how exactly NFC can help your business grow with different applications.
How do NFC business cards offer more value than traditional cards?
Traditional business cards carried information on both sides of the business card. The difference with NFC is that it has a third side to it. NFC business cards and store information inside which can be then transmitted wirelessly in instance to any NFC reader. NFC business cards can be as personalized as possible where users can even update it overtime at their fingertip if they need.
While these NFC cards have a small amount of memory there are a couple of ways they can be used. It depends on how much information an individual has to convey. Based on the needs of exchange these cards can serve a variety of applications. Here are two ways these NFC business cards are usually used:
- The information to share is saved on the NFC business card itself. Therefore, whenever any reader taps on it, the information is exchanged with the reader. Here, the extent of information shared is limited due to limited memory.
- Tap on NFC card exchanges the data to lead the smartphone to an online webpage. This online digital business card can be just the way a user wants it to be. Such a web page can carry a variety of information and details without any limitation. Plus, that online business card can be aligned with branding style.
Use cases of NFC business cards
Here are different end applications of NFC business cards through which they can smoothen the contact exchange for users:
- Directly saving a contact
With these cards, the user doesn’t have to type out details manually as all the information can be saved as contact directly upon a tap.
- Share more than just phone numbers, websites, and email addresses
With NFC business cards one can share all their social media links by directing them to an online business card. It can be all the social media handles such as Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google reviews, among many others.
- Leading them to a subscription page
An NFC business card can also lead users to an online form to get their details. One such example can be a subscription page to receive a newsletter or product information. These can also lead to higher sales generation.
- Sharing the content directly for users to consume:
Businesses, artists, and entrepreneurs can use such cards to lead prospects directly to their download, play, or purchase page. It significantly increases the consumption of the content.
These are just the popular applications of NFC business cards, they can even allow users to directly call, text, or open a particular app. Some of the businesses use such promotional cards to share coupon codes with customers for upselling. Such applications can give a whole new concept to business cards, making it simple yet a groundbreaking development.